At first glance, the Hackett Jacket from Burton looks and feels like your typical heavy-duty workwear flannel. Dig deeper and you'll discover some serious shred cred like hopped up waterproof/breathability, lightweight 3M™ Thinsulate™ Insulation and a fresh yet functional diamond quilted lining. A stealth way to shed extra layers, this single piece consolidates flannel, insulator, and shell into one. Rider-ready, it contains all the necessary features, including sound and goggle pockets, a waist gaiter, and venting to battle everything from sub-zero temps to springtime slop.
Primary use is for snowboarding but a very good all around winter jacket. Love the hood!
0person has found this review helpful
Excellent Snowboarding Jacket!
by AV(Verified Buyer)
Posted on 3/29/2013
Burton Hackett Jacket (Closeout) - true black riverside plaid
Just got back from a week of riding hard at Breckenridge and this is a great snowboarding jacket from Burton! Very stylish and functional and easy for others to spot on the mountain. I selected "too big" and "too long" for the chest and sleeve length because this jacket is cut with a "loose fit" so the overall length and sleeve length are about 2" longer than normal for the size. I ordered a Large at first (like my previous Burton jacket) and had to return it for a Medium.
1) Great style - looks a lot different than any other jackets out there and doesn't really look like snowboarding gear. It's great for the slopes and then perfect to wear off the mountain as well.
2) Nice outer shell - looks like flannel and doesn't appear water-resistant, but it is.
3) Pockets - sufficient number of easily accessible pockets for all your gear.
4) Quilted inner lining was warm enough to ditch an underlayer, making the wearer less bulky and more comfortable.
1) The zippers on the underarm vents didn't have long enough pull tabs to use with gloves on - had to constantly take my gloves off to adjust them, which was annoying.
Just a Comment:
1) Would have liked a zip-off hood, but this hood tucked into the back of the jacket when not in use, which worked fine.
1person has found this review helpful
Burton Hackett Jacket
by Luigi(Verified Buyer)
Posted on 4/26/2012
Burton Hackett Jacket (2012 Closeout) - true black rideflow plaid