in Long Island
Posted on 1/11/2014
Burton Hackett Jacket - canteen vagabondia stripe
Primary use is for snowboarding but a very good all around winter jacket. Love the hood!
Excellent Snowboarding Jacket!
in South Florida
Posted on 3/29/2013
Burton Hackett Jacket (Closeout) - true black riverside plaid
Just got back from a week of riding hard at Breckenridge and this is a great snowboarding jacket from Burton! Very stylish and functional and easy for others to spot on the mountain. I selected "too big" and "too long" for the chest and sleeve length because this jacket is cut with a "loose fit" so the overall length and sleeve length are about 2" longer than normal for the size. I ordered a Large at first (like my previous Burton jacket) and had to return it for a Medium.
1) Great style - looks a lot different than any other jackets out there and doesn't really look like snowboarding gear. It's great for the slopes and then perfect to wear off the mountain as well.
2) Nice outer shell - looks like flannel and doesn't appear water-resistant, but it is.
3) Pockets - sufficient number of easily accessible pockets for all your gear.
4) Quilted inner lining was warm enough to ditch an underlayer, making the wearer less bulky and more comfortable.
1) The zippers on the underarm vents didn't have long enough pull tabs to use with gloves on - had to constantly take my gloves off to adjust them, which was annoying.
Just a Comment:
1) Would have liked a zip-off hood, but this hood tucked into the back of the jacket when not in use, which worked fine.
Burton Hackett Jacket
in Manchester, NH
Posted on 4/26/2012
Burton Hackett Jacket (2012 Closeout) - true black rideflow plaid