Appropriately named, this jacket is a Beast on the mountain. The 2-Layer Eco Vortex construction provides you with 30k waterproofing and 20k breathability, and ultralight insulation keeps you toasty. So you can ditch the mid layer and just grab this jacket to lighten the load. A plethora of pockets keep your gear secure, and convenient features like stretchy gaiters and waterproof zippers make this jacket a must have for any serious winter mountaineer.
- 2-Layer Laminated Eco-Vortex Fabric with 100% Recycled Outer Shell
- Fully Taped
- 60 / 40
- 2XL Mesh-Lined Chest Pockets Fit Splitboard Skins
- Napoleon Pocket with YKK Aquaguard® Waterproof Zipper
- Media Cord Port Through Chest Pocket
- Key Clip Inside Pocket
- Mesh Goggle Pocket Inside
- Blaster Fit
- Beast Series
- YKK Aquaguard® Waterproof Center Front and Chest Pocket Zipper
- Ergonomic 3-Way Adjustable Hood with Lycra Drawcord
- Mesh-Lined Zippered Underarm Vents
- Adjustable Velcro Wrist Cuffs
- Lycra Wrist Gaiters
- Removable Powder Skirt with Pass Pocket Window
- High Density Beast Mountain Print at Chest
- Molded Airblaster Airpill Cuff Closure
Eco Vortex - Lightweight, densely woven Eco Vortex 30K/20K laminated outer fabric is a proprietary Airblaster combination that is made with recycled content and outperforms even the coveted Back Door-Tex. The tight structure of the micro dobby weave lends strength and natural water shedding ability, while keeping the finished weight to a mere 152g/m². The measurable performance comes from the advanced backing laminate, which provides unmatched 30,000mm waterproofing and 20,000g/m² breathability.
Fully Taped - Having outerwear with fully taped seams means that on the inside of the jacket all the seams are covered in tape to provide the most effective waterproofing. It can be considered a key feature if you live in a wet climate or are planning on wearing the jacket during heavy rains. The downside is that due to the full taping there is less breathability than you'd experience with critically taped seams.
Synthetic insulation is measured in grams, so a jacket with a 80g rating simply means that a 1 meter by 1 meter piece of that particular jacket's insulation weighs 80 grams. The higher the rating, the warmer the outerwear.
Blaster Fit - Enough room to tweak, regular length in the body.
Beast Series - Descended from a lineage of alpine shred domination, beast is the culmination of 15 years of Airblaster outerwear evolution. Inspired and worn by the likes of Temple Cummins and Tim Eddy, this is outwear destined for legendary adventure. Beast series garments keep you warm, dry, and performing your best, even when mother nature throws her worst.