Last Updated: August 17, 2022
In addition to these Terms, we may ask you to accept additional terms that apply to specific features, promotions, products or services (“Additional Terms”). For instance, your purchase and use of Tactics gift cards is subject to our gift card terms and conditions. To the extent any Additional Terms conflict with these Terms, the Additional Terms govern with respect to your access to or use of the applicable feature, product or service.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may only use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to these Terms and to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user.
You will need to register for an account to access some of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You must maintain the security of your account and account credentials and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to access the Services through your account, you are responsible for the activities of those users. We reserve the right to reclaim screen names on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim, including trademark rights, in those screen names.
Terms of Sale
- Availability and Pricing. All products offered for sale are subject to availability and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any order or reject all or any part of an order without prior notice. Prices for products are subject to change at any time, but changes will not affect any order for products you have already placed. Purchases are also subject to our price matching policy and sale items policy.
- Taxes. You are responsible for any applicable sales, use, duty, customs or other governmental taxes, levies or fees (“Taxes”) due with respect to your purchase of products or services through our Services. We will collect applicable Taxes if we determine we have a duty to collect Taxes. We will present an estimate of Taxes we collect at checkout, except where we have clearly stated in writing that a price includes Taxes. The actual Taxes charged may be adjusted from the amount shown at checkout. Several factors may cause this, such as variances between processor programs and changes in tax rates. We are not required to, and do not, collect Taxes in all states. You may have a duty to directly report and pay Taxes if we do not collect such Taxes. Please refer to our sales tax policy for important sales and use tax information.
- Payment. Only valid payment methods acceptable to us may be used to complete a purchase via the Services. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to use your designated payment method. You authorize us to charge your designated payment method for the total amount of your order (including any applicable taxes and shipping and handling charges). If any of the products in your order are unavailable, we will only charge the prices, Taxes and other applicable charges associated with the products that are included in the shipment.
- Shipping; Risk of Loss. You agree to pay any shipping and handling charges shown at the time you make a purchase. We reserve the right to increase, decrease, add or eliminate shipping and handling charges from time to time, but we will provide notice of the changes applicable to you before you make your purchase. Any delivery dates or times shown as part of the checkout process are estimates only and are not guaranteed. Unless we state otherwise in writing via the Services, risk of loss or damage to a product passes to you upon delivery of the product to our designated carrier.
- Returns. Please see our return policy for information about returning products purchased via our Services.
- Errors. In the event of an error, we reserve the right to correct the error and revise your order accordingly (which includes charging the correct price) or to cancel the order and refund any amount charged.
- Limited Warranty for Tactics Products. Certain of the products sold via our Services are manufactured by or for Tactics (“Tactics Products”) and may be subject to a limited warranty provided by Tactics. If your Tactics Product is subject to a limited warranty, the limited warranty for your Tactics Product outlines your exclusive remedies and the procedures to make a warranty claim. If your Tactics Product is sold without a limited warranty, then it is sold “as is” and “with all faults.” That means that you bear the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Tactics product, and if the Tactics Product has a defect, then you assume the entire cost of any necessary repair or replacement.
- Remedies for Other Products. Many of the products sold via the Services are manufactured by other companies. The manufacturer may offer its own warranty, but unless otherwise stated on the product page, Tactics does not offer a warranty on those products. That means they are sold by Tactics “as is” and “with all faults.” If the manufacturer offers a limited warranty for the product, it can usually be found on the manufacturer’s website or with the product packaging. For any product sold via the Services other than a Tactics Product, you agree that your remedy is solely with the product manufacturer and not Tactics.
Our Services, including the product descriptions, text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content contained therein, are owned by or licensed to Tactics and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, Tactics and our licensors reserve all rights in and to our Services. Tactics grants you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use our Services for your own personal use; however such license does not include the right to (a) sell or resell any aspect of our Services to any third party or otherwise use our Services for any commercial purpose; (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any aspect of the Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors; (c) modify the Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of our Services; or (d) use our Services other than for their intended purposes. Any use of our Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
Our Services may allow you and other users to create, post, store or share content, including messages, text, product reviews, photos, videos, audio and other materials (collectively, "User Content"). Except for the license you grant below, as between you and Tactics, you retain all rights in and to your User Content. You grant Tactics a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, and sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display your User Content, including any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content, via the Services and through all media formats and channels now known or later developed without compensation to you. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights to grant us the rights granted under this Section.
You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, misleading or fraudulent;
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any applicable law;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
- Fails to clearly and prominently disclose any material connections you may have with us or third parties (for instance, in connection with a product review);
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without that third party’s consent;
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
- Is, in our sole judgment, objectionable or that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or that may expose Tactics or others to any harm or liability of any type.
You may create a text hyperlink to our Services for noncommercial purposes, provided such link does not portray Tactics or any of its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited permission may be revoked at any time. You will not use the Tactics logo or other proprietary graphic of Tactics to link to our Services without our express written permission.
Tactics may provide third-party content on our Services, including User Content, and may provide links to web pages and content of third parties (collectively, the “Third-Party Content”). Tactics does not endorse or adopt any Third-Party Content and can make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. Tactics does not create, update, or monitor Third-Party Content and is not responsible for any Third-Party Content. You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use Third-Party Content or applications that link from our Services. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through our Services are solely between you and such advertiser. Access and use of such Third-Party Content, including the materials, products or services on or available through any third party sites, is solely at your own risk.
By choosing to receive text messages from us (e.g., SMS and MMS), you agree to receive automated promotional and personalized marketing texts (text messages from Tactics, including cart reminders, that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system), to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. Message & Data rates may apply.
Message frequency varies. Tactics also reserves the right to change the short code or phone number from which messages are sent.
Not all mobile devices may be supported and our messages may not be deliverable in all areas or by all mobile carriers. Tactics, its service providers and the mobile carriers supported by the program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Text Message Cancellation / Opt-Out
To stop receiving text messages from Tactics, simply text the keyword STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT in response to any text message you receive from us. After texting STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands and agree that Tactics and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Tactics through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about Tactics or our products or Services (collectively, “Feedback”), is non-confidential and Tactics will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
We have a policy of limiting access to our Services and terminating the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify Tactics as follows:
Address: Tactics, Attn: Legal, PO Box 1473, Eugene, OR 97440
Please see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to Tactics for certain costs and damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Tactics, our affiliates, and each of our and their respective officers, members, managers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Tactics Parties”) from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses or costs ("Claims") arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of our Services, including your conduct in connection with our Services; (b) your User Content or Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; or (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights). You agree to promptly notify Tactics Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Tactics Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees). You also agree that the Tactics Parties will have control of the defense or settlement of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and any of the Tactics Parties.
We do not control, endorse or take responsibility for any Third-Party Content available via our Services. Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms (including any limited warranty applicable to a Tactics Product), our Services and the products purchased via our Services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement, except that if Tactics provides an express limited warranty for a Tactics Product, the implied warranties are limited to the term of that limited warranty. In addition, Tactics does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Tactics attempts to make your access to and use of our Services safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, you assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services and the products you purchase via the Services.
Limitation of Liability
- The Tactics Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, incidental or special damages arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or our Services (including the products purchased via our Services), even if Tactics or the other Tactics Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- The total liability of the Tactics Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to any product purchased via the Services will not exceed the greater of $100 or the purchase price of that product. For all other claims arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, the total liability of Tactics Parties is limited to $100.
- The limitations set forth in this section will not limit or exclude liability for personal injury or property damage caused by a product you purchased via the Services or the gross negligence, fraud, or intentional, willful, or reckless misconduct of the Tactics Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release the Tactics Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, or damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. You expressly waive any rights you may have under California Civil Code § 1542 as well as any other statute or common law principles that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
Governing Law and Venue
These Terms and your access to and use of our Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Oregon, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of Oregon or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Oregon and the United States, respectively, sitting in Lane County, Oregon.
All or part of our Services or the products purchased via our Services may be subject to U.S. export control, customs or economic sanctions laws (“Export Controls”). You agree to comply with all Export Controls as they relate to your receipt and use of our Services and the products purchased via our Services. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
This section applies only if you are acting on or behalf of an agency of the U.S. government. If acquired by any agency of the U.S. government, such agency acknowledges that: (a) any software obtained in connection with the Services (such as our mobile apps) constitute “commercial computer software” or “commercial computer software documentation” for purposes of 48 C.F.R. §12.212 and 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable; and (b) such agency's rights are limited to those specifically granted under these Terms.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use our Services or to discontinue all or a part of the Services. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms and any applicable Additional Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Tactics relating to your access to and use of our Services. The failure of Tactics to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.
Changes to Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by sending an email notification, providing notice through our Services, or posting the amended Terms to our Services and updating the “Last Updated” date above. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately and your continued access to and use of our Services after we provide notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop accessing and using our Services.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Services or these Terms, please contact Tactics at: Tactics, Attn: Legal, PO Box 1473, Eugene, OR 97440 .