Patagonia Surf Brimmer Hat
- 95% Nylon (65% recycled), 5% Spandex
- DWR Coating
- Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing
- Made in China.
- Sun-Blocking Brim.
- Quick-Drying Internal Headband.
- Removable Four-Point Chin Strap.
- Brim Holds its Shape and Keeps Hat Afloat.
- Brim Has a Dark Underbill to Reduce Glare and Eyestrain.
- Adjustable Rear Buckle Has Elastic For a Snug Personalized Fit.
- Two Vent/Drain Holes Reduce Water and Heat Buildup and Allow Airflow.
DWR Coating - A Durable Water Resistant finish applied to the exterior of the hat that wicks away moisture to help keep your noggin dry through the storms.
Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing - For every Fair Trade Certified™ item produced for Patagonia, they pay a community-development premium. The money goes into an account controlled by the cooperative of farmers or association of factory workers who decide how best to use it. The funds are designated for social, economic and environmental development projects. For example, cotton farmers may choose to use the money for agricultural improvements, rainwater catchment systems or to build a school or a health clinic. Workers in Fair Trade factories may invest in healthcare for their children, bicycles for easier transit to and from work or a cash bonus.
All workers in the factories and farms that make Fair Trade Certified™ clothing benefit from the funds, whether they work directly on Patagonia products or not.
Recycled Nylon - Nylon accounts for about 10% of ocean debris. By purchasing a product made with recycled nylon you are helping to minimize the growth of the 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic debris in the ocean.