- Front Crown and Bill: 9.4-oz 100% Organic Cotton 14-Wale Corduroy.
- Back Crown: 3-oz 100% Recycled Polyester Mesh.
- Headband: 2.3-oz 100% Recycled Polyester Double Knit With miDori™ bioSoft For Added Wicking and Softness, and HeiQ® Pure Odor Control.
- Brim: NetPlus® 100% Recycled Fishing Nets.
- 5-Panel Construction
- Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing
- Front Logo Patch Holds Flies.
- Patagonia Graphic Patch on Front.
NetPlus® - NetPlus® is made from discarded fishing nets that are collected in fishing communities in South America. These nets are sorted, cleaned, and shredded in Chile, which in turn has helped to keep more than 28 tons of plastic waste out of our oceans.
Organic Cotton - Grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Organic production reduce the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers which in turn is better for earth and humans alike.
Recycled Polyester - Saves about 4.5 plastic bottles from the landfill per garment.
Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing - For every Fair Trade Certified™ item produced for Patagonia, they pay a community-development premium. The money goes into an account controlled by the cooperative of farmers or association of factory workers who decide how best to use it. The funds are designated for social, economic and environmental development projects. For example, cotton farmers may choose to use the money for agricultural improvements, rainwater catchment systems or to build a school or a health clinic. Workers in Fair Trade factories may invest in healthcare for their children, bicycles for easier transit to and from work or a cash bonus.
All workers in the factories and farms that make Fair Trade Certified™ clothing benefit from the funds, whether they work directly on Patagonia products or not.