686 makes layering easy. By including a fully removable inner pant layer made from a soft, warm fleece, these snowboard pants will fit perfectly together and can also attach to a 686 jacket with their jacket-to-pant interface, for the ultimate in protection from the elements. The outer shell features a smart infiDRY® 20K fabric which is one of the most durable materials for snow apparel.
- 2-Layer infiDRY® 20K Fabric + DWR
- Fully Taped
- Hidden Seam Stash Pocket
- Belt Loop Stash Pocket
- Bemis® Seam Tape
- Boa® Compatible Boot Gaiter
- Horseshoe Hem
- InfiDRY® Fabric Construction
- SMARTY® Layering System
- Removable SMARTY® 3-in-1 Stretch Poly Fleece Midlayer Pant
- UltraDurable Fabrication
- Wrapped Side Seam Design for Added Durability
- Core Ultra Thread
- Double Duty Waist Snaps
- Air-Flo™ Mesh Lined Inner Leg Vents
- Boot Gusset with Snap Closure
- Pant Jacket Connect™ System
- Boot Gaiter and Boot Lace Hook
- External Waist Adjustment
- Tricot Inner Waistband
- 500D Reinforced Inner Kick Panel
- Lift Ticket Eyelet on Belt Loop
- Adjustable Elastic Straps
Fully Taped - Having outerwear with fully taped seams means that on the inside of the jacket all the seams are covered in tape to provide the most effective waterproofing. It can be considered a key feature if you live in a wet climate or are planning on wearing the jacket during heavy rains. The downside is that due to the full taping there is less breathability than you'd experience with critically taped seams.
Bemis® Seam Tape - All 686 taped seams feature Bemis branded taping to further ensure quality workmanship and guaranteed waterproofing.
Boa® Compatible Boot Gaiter - Makes access to the Boa® dial on your boots convenient and easy.
Horseshoe Hem - The upward curved shape along the back pant leg hem opening.
InfiDRY® Fabric Construction - 686 InfiDRY® fabric is perfect for daily use in a wide range of conditions. Specialty fabrics are laminated and bonded to a Polyurethane (PU) InfiDRY® membrane on the underside of the fabric. This membrane blocks water and snow from entering your garment, yet is hydrophilic on the inside - attracting any moisture inside your jacket (sweat) and moving it through to the outside of the fabric where it is able to evaporate, thus keeping you both dry and warm.
For further protection, the laminated fabric is then coated on the exterior with a water resistant DWR coating to repel snow and water from penetrating the fabric. This creates a superior fabric with a one-way portal for moisture that is virtually impenetrable from the outside, yet allows your body’s sweat to evaporate and pass through the fabric from the inside out creating a more comfortable riding experience.
SMARTY® Layering System - A world-renowned detachable lining system that allows you to wear the garment in 3 different ways:
1) Keep the liner attached to its shell component for extra insulation and warmth
2) Zip the liner out so you can chill comfortably indoors
3) Wear the shell garment by itself for warmer, transitional weather