Cold weather calls for a quality jacket that will keep you warm and lock out the elements. This wind and waterproof Jackson Glacier Jacket has recycled down insulation for warmth and the streamlined fit helps trap heat in more efficiently.
- Shell: 2-Layer, 3.6-oz 50-Denier 100% Recycled Polyester With a PFC-Free DWR Finish.
- Insulation: 100% Recycled Down
- Internal Media-Compatible Pocket With a Zipper Closure.
- Hidden Zipper Front Hand Pockets With a Soft Brushed Jersey Fabric Lining.
- 2.2-oz 100% Recycled Polyester Taffeta With a HeiQ® Eco Dry PFC-Free DWR Finish.
- Recycled Down
- bluesign® Approved
- Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing
- Made in Vietnam.
- Adjustable Hem With Hidden Drawcords.
- Insulated Hood With Hidden Adjustment Cords.
- Waterproof Polyurethane-Coated Two-Way Center-Front Zipper With Zipper Garage.
- Streamlined Fit Allows the Down Insulation to Conform Closely to the Body and Trap Heat More Efficiently.
- Water Resistant Fabric
Recycled Polyester - Saves about 4.5 plastic bottles from the landfill per garment.
A fill power rating measures the number of cubic inches that one ounce of that particular down will occupy, so a jacket with a 800 fill power rating will be warmer than a jacket with a fill power rating of 500.
Recycled Down - The down fill of this garment has been reclaimed from used down products.
bluesign® Approved - Since 2000, Patagonia has been working with bluesign® to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in the material supply chain.
bluesign® offers the highest level of consumer safety employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing - For every Fair Trade Certified™ item produced for Patagonia, they pay a community-development premium. The money goes into an account controlled by the cooperative of farmers or association of factory workers who decide how best to use it. The funds are designated for social, economic and environmental development projects. For example, cotton farmers may choose to use the money for agricultural improvements, rainwater catchment systems or to build a school or a health clinic. Workers in Fair Trade factories may invest in healthcare for their children, bicycles for easier transit to and from work or a cash bonus.
All workers in the factories and farms that make Fair Trade Certified™ clothing benefit from the funds, whether they work directly on Patagonia products or not.
Water Resistant Fabric - A Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish allows fabric to shed moisture and prevents saturation to keep you warmer. DWR also helps repel oils and stains which can affect the fabric's breathability. Clothing with a DWR finish is a must in snowy or wet conditions.