The Powder Town jacket offers versatility and a comfy fit that doesn't restrict mobility. Built with a full-on H2No® Performance Standard 2-layer shell and PFC-free recycled materials, you'll stay dry and cozy without a crazy impact on the environment around you.
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2-layer, 3.5-oz 75-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester plain weave with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Lining: (hood, upper body and powder skirt) 2.2-oz 100% recycled polyester taffeta with a HeiQ® Eco Dry PFC-free DWR finish; (lower body) 3.8-oz 100% recycled polyester tricot mesh
- Dual Zippered Handwarmer Pockets
- Chest Pocket (with Media Pocket and Cable Routing)
- Pass Pocket on Forearm
- Internal Stash Pocket
- Internal Drop-In Pocket for Goggles or Gloves
- Under Arm
- H2No® Performance Standard
- bluesign® Approved
- Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing
- Helmet-compatible, two-way-adjustable hood with visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; tall collar protects neck and face even with hood down
- Low-profile powder skirt with webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Handwarmer pockets have a brushed lining for comfort and warmth; hem adjustment exits through front pockets
H2No® Performance Standard - H2No Performance Standard is Patagonia’s benchmark for waterproof, breathability and durability, which ensures a high level of long-term performance backed by their Ironclad Guarantee. H2No Performance Standard products undergo the most rigorous testing in the industry. The H2No Performance Standard for waterproof shell garments is 20,000mm before, and 10,000mm after their Killer Wash test (per JIS L 1092 B).
bluesign® Approved - Since 2000, Patagonia has been working with bluesign® to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in the material supply chain.
bluesign® offers the highest level of consumer safety employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing - For every Fair Trade Certified™ item produced for Patagonia, they pay a community-development premium. The money goes into an account controlled by the cooperative of farmers or association of factory workers who decide how best to use it. The funds are designated for social, economic and environmental development projects. For example, cotton farmers may choose to use the money for agricultural improvements, rainwater catchment systems or to build a school or a health clinic. Workers in Fair Trade factories may invest in healthcare for their children, bicycles for easier transit to and from work or a cash bonus.
All workers in the factories and farms that make Fair Trade Certified™ clothing benefit from the funds, whether they work directly on Patagonia products or not.
RECCO® - RECCO® is an advanced avalanche rescue system hidden in this outerwear that will save your butt when you need it. RECCO® is utilized by more than 700 rescue organizations worldwide to assist in the efficient location of burials. RECCO® technology enables rapid directional pinpointing of a victim's precise location using harmonic radar. Hopefully you'll never have to use it, but if you do you'll be glad it's there.