Spark R&D Surge ST Pro Splitboard Bindings 2023
The Surge ST Pro bindings are some of the lightest and highest performing splitboard bindings on the market, made with extreme attention to detail and premium materials and components. Every little thing on this binding has been engineered for perfection, even down to the screws which feature a hex head instead of phillips which are less likely to strip. Unthreaded heel loop shoulders improve connection and precision, and the Carbon Reinforced Nylon Highbacks maximize response without compromising on weight.
- CNC Machined
- Carbon reinforced highbacks are more responsive, lighter, and stiffer than Spark's standard glass reinforced highbacks. Injection molding allows for more complex geometry and improved impact strength compared to other methods of carbon fiber construction.
- Full Pebax plastics in Pillow Line straps, ladders, & adjusters -
- Pebax is a premium material most often found in high-end ski boots as it provides consistent stiffness and improved toughness in cold temperatures. It’s also 20% lighter than Spark's standard material.
- Made with stainless steel and hollowed out to be 33% lighter than standard pins.
- 7075 Aluminum heel loops are thinner and lighter than the standard heel loops while maintaining the required strength.
- Medium: 1.36 lb/ea (620g) - 2.73 lb/pr (1240g)
- A 65% weight savings is found by replacing 7 stainless steel components with 7075 aluminum hardware, custom made in-house.
- Pillow Line Straps are lightweight, durable, comfortable, waterproof, one-piece molded construction, and made 100% in-house. Arc ST ankle straps are smaller around the boot with a flex window for max agility while maintaining support. Toe straps are designed to be used as a toe cap, but also fit nicely as a traditional strap across the top of the boot.
- NEW ST Touring Brackets incorporate the best features of aluminum and thermoplastics. Spark R&D overmold their custom plastic blend over and through the holes in the aluminum base, forming bushings that last four times longer than their previous brass version.
- The ST Whammy Bar climbing wire is built right into the baseplate. Overmolded plastic where the bar contacts the baseplate allows for super-smooth climbing wire deployment and transitions.
CNC Machined - CNC machined baseplates with maximum cutouts shave weight, yet maintain strength and performance. All of the baseplate side windows have been partially filled to increase durability and strength. Cutouts also conveniently allow for puck adjustment with bindings in place for precise stance placement.
Made in the USA - All of Spark R&D's products are manufactured and/or assembled at their own small shop in Bozeman, Montana USA, since 2006. With a view of the Bridger Mountains right outside their window, Spark R&D designs and builds splitboard bindings and accessories with backcountry performance coming first.
From machining to anodizing, laser engraving to assembly – everything is done by a skilled team of workers who are passionate splitboarders. Spark R&D continues to step it up; seeking perfection based on customer needs and rider feedback, keeping pace with the rapidly expanding splitboarding community.
|Men's Boot Sizes (US):||8.5 - 10.5||10.5+|
|Women's Boot Sizes (US):||9.5 - 11.5||11.5+|