Combining Black Diamond's innovative folding Z-Pole technology with winter functionality, the Compactor splitboard pole folds into an ultra-compact package for easy storage. FlickLock Pro technology offers up to 8 inches of adjustability and dramatically improves clamping force in a low-profile design, while the Compactor's speed cone deployment allows it to deploy in a matter of seconds. The pole's small size when folded makes it ideal for splitboarding, snowshoeing and airline travel to distant winter destinations.
- Z-Pole Technology
- Short Pole: 41 - 49
- Long Pole: 45 - 53
- Short Pole: 14.9
- Long Pole: 15.7
- Short Pole: 1.38
- Long Pole: 1.41
- 18 mm (.71 in) aluminum 3-section shaft with speed cone deployment
- Touring Series grip with fluted interior for weight reduction
- Touring Series strap with lightweight webbing and plastic ladder-lock buckle
- Integrated rubber grip extension
- 100 mm (4 in) Compact Powder Baskets with 2-section pole capture
- FlickLock Pro security and adjustability up to 20 cm
Z-Pole Technology - Z-Pole Technology was born from Black Diamond's expertise in avalanche probes—by using a three-section shaft, a concealed inner Kevlar cord and innovative speed cones, collapsible Z-Poles snap into place and lock with a single pull.
When not in use, a single push button releases the pole for compact storage.
As the carbon z poles were the ones I've used until now (they have to go to factory for warranty issue,) they are my baseline for comparison.
I'm a small woman, 125 pounds 5'2. I wish these were as compact in my backpack, as the carbon z poles. They are slightly longer and heavier.
Besides that issue, they are beefy and reliable. I do appreciate the adjustability, but I'd sacrifice that for fixed length, less weight and bulk.