Tony Hawk's first pro model shoe from Lakai, The Proto, is a modern take on skate shoes from the late 80's and early 90's era. Inspired by his influential style and impact on skateboarding, these shoes are designed to provide support and comfort for everyday use. The Proto features an advanced XLK™ hex-tread cupsole which provides superior support, flexible board feel, and grip. The panels of the upper were built for durability while the internal sock offers a snug-fit. Inside the shoe is a Deluxe-Lite sockliner with custom Tony Hawk Bones Brigade graphics.
- The nylon strap on the mesh tongue is a nod to the lace savers that vert skaters used to protect their laces while knee-sliding on vert ramps. Lacing through these will keep them in place.
- The internal sock delivers added comfort around the ankle and a secure fit.
- (stale bagel) white/light blue heather: Leather
- Hidden Lace Loops For Lace Protection
- Welded Thermoplastic Rubber Flare
Cupsole - Durable and shock-absorbing to provide the best impact protection against hard landings. Cupsoles generally last longer than a vulcanized sole but don't provide as much flexibility and board feel right out of the box.
Delux-Lite Sockliner - Uses premium foam that never packs out and is designed with a deep contour heel and arch for superior comfort.
XLK™ Hex-Tread - The XLK™ hex-tread allows for ultimate board feel, and 360 degrees of grip and flexibility. The entire outsole has been sculpted to reduce weight, stabilize the heel, improve overall movement, and absorb maximum impact.